The Wise Marketer: Retailers lag at click-and-collect services

06-06-2012

Despite its growing popularity, less than half of the UK's top retailers (including grocery, department stores, clothing, general merchandise and home improvement) offer their customers a 'click and collect' service, according to a study of the UK's top 50 multi-channel retailers by IVIS Group.

The company's first annual multi-channel benchmark study found that only 44% of the country's retailers currently allow shoppers to reserve or pay for products online and then collect them in-store later. And, while 77% of these give customers access to the service on both their web and mobile sites, the remaining 23% do so only via their main websites. carmitt This article is copyright 2012 TheWiseMarketer.com).

 

Many retailers, it seems, are currently providing an inconsistent customer experience across their in-store, online and mobile channels. When looking at how mobile devices are linking online and in-store shopping, consumers can access all 50 retailers on smartphones and tablets such as the iPad. And, while 54% of retailers do have a mobile app, more than one third (38%) still have not optimised their websites for these devices.

 

Of those with a mobile-optimised website or app, 84% have a store locator on the home page, but more than half (55%) do not yet allow customers to check in-store stock availability before going shopping.

 

Click here to continue reading 

Contact Us

Required Field
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field